Friday, January 2, 2009

Goodbye 2008 and Hello 2009!

Boy, does time just fly by!! I can't believe that we are already into 2009. Where does all of the time go? 2008 was a great year for us..Avery turned the big 1, Haidyn was born in June, James and I celebrated our 7 yr. anniversary and are closer than ever, I have been able to enjoy being a mommy to 2 beautiful little girls, I have made and become close to some great friends!! 2008 was great, but I am ready to make 2009 even better :)

There are soo many things that I am looking forward to in 2009. I started my diet to lose 25 lbs, on the 1st and I am seriously motivated to lose the baby weight. It was sooo easy to lose it after I had Avery, I mean the day after I got out of the hospital, I was back into my skinny jeans! It makes me sick that is so much harder after having Haidyn. I would like to at least lose 15 lbs. by my B-day in Feb. We are wanting to buy our 1st house this year, we are going to be getting Haidyn baptized this month, James and I both will celebrate our 24th B-day, my little Avery will be turning 2 in march (I can't believe I am going to have a 2 yr. old), we will celebrate Haidyn's 1st b-day, we are planning on getting married in the fall :) and we want to take a vacation somehwere. Soo much to look forward to and I am super excited!! So, here is to what I think will be a FABULOUS 2009 :)

New Years Eve Night-
Our NYE plans were soo up in the air, all week leading to it. It was my 1st NYE in 2 years that I have NOT been pregnant and I wanted to go and do something fun!! We really had not heard of much and we didn't want to go downtown to the bars and deal with the craziness! At the last minute, we were invited to go to the Barkin' Ball and glad we did bc it was a BLAST! It was Caroline, Dusty, Ashley, Matt, James and I that went. Caroline's mom's bank was a sponsor and she had the 6 free tickets for us. I was a very nice event and there was an open bar, the most amazing food, silent auction, live band, champagne and party favors. We all felt a little under dressed, but we found out too late to get all fancy. It felt like we were at prom again the way alot of ppl. were dressed. Next time we will know what to expect. We just ate, drank and danced the night away. We did the countdown, I got my New Years kiss from my honey, we drank our champagne and dance to "You look wonderful tonight" and talked about how great '09 will be. My mom wrote me a text message to tell me Happy New Years and that Avery was awake for the ball drop! I could not believe that she stayed up that late. She is usually asleep everynight by 8:30 or 9:00. I guess she felt like partying and it made me sad that I wasn't there to give her or Haidyn a kiss :( They still had alot of fun with their Mimi. It was a great end to the year!

New Years Day-
I got up early and went to get the girls from my moms. They were both soo happy to see me and I was happy to see them! I brought them home and they both took a long nap and I was able to get all the Christmas stuff takin down. After, everyone was up, we went outside to play bc it was such a nice day out. We all ate our blackeye peas, for good luck. Haidyn LOVED them by the way. The rest of the night we all just hung out and it was great. I love my little family and look forward to the future :)

I hope that everyone has a VERY BLESSED and HAPPY New Year!!

Photobucket


No comments: